Thank you

Thank you for reading my thoughts and commenting respectfully. ~S

Friday, January 13, 2012

I lost weight... NO I do not want to find it!

(Note: I'm kinda bummed I haven't blogged in a week. Really wish I had this speech recognition software - it would make my blogging so much easier!)

I weighed in for the new year on January 2nd. I will not say here that number. A woman gets to keep some things private and this is one of those things. Perhaps once I've reached my goal or even my half goal, I'll reveal where I started. Let's just say my goal is to never have a 2 in front of my number ever again!!! EVER!

Well, I weighed in on the 11th (I'm aiming for every Tuesday, perhaps I will make a weekly blog). I stepped on the scale and waited nervously for the digital number to show up. I have been using MyFitnessPal every day to keep track of my food calories and exercise. We all know not to expect Biggest Loser style weight loss, so I just wanted to see any sort of change from January 2nd.

THREE POUNDS!!! I lost 3 pounds in a week! Can we say ecstatic? There's still a 2 in front of my weight number, but that's three less pounds behind the 2!!! :-D

Let it be said, I am NOT dieting. Dieting doesn't work for me because I have two small children and a husband who couldn't gain weight if he TRIED! Whether the true reason is I lack self control or not, being on something that doesn't allow flexibility doesn't work for me. I always end up cheating, feel bad about myself, and then give up. So, this time I'm focusing on tracking my calories. Which, if you know how much things are, that helps a lot! I find myself asking "do I really want a 300 calorie candy bar when I could eat some fruit, cheese and crackers for the same calories". Now, the 100 calorie Snicker bite I had was totally worth it!

I am working on making better choices for myself and my family.

Small changes do make the biggest impact!!!

It's been almost 2 weeks and except for my cup of coffee (or the rare diet soda - baby steps) I am drinking more water than I've ever drank on a regular basis. Yesterday's count was up to 55oz!!! Once you realize how many calories you DRINK vs eating, it makes it so easy to cut out the sodas, teas, juices, and etc. Granted, I will never cut out my milk. I love milk, but that's another post perhaps.

Even my husband has started to make some better choices without me asking him to. I sent him to the store the other day to buy us some spaghetti sauce. I figured he'd get something loaded with cheese or what not. What did he bring home? Ragu Organic Traditional Spaghetti Sauce!!! BUT, it was VERY tasty!

My other goal is to move more. I don't have a home gym nor do I have any money to afford a gym membership. One day I really hope to own an elliptical machine at home, but until then I'm doing what I can to move. So, I take advantage of what I do have: Xbox360 and a Kinect! Dance Central gets me up and dancing for an hour and has a workout mode so I can know how many calories I am burning too! Even Kinect Sports can cause a good burn, ever try the mini-game PinRush? I'm also walking around the neighborhood when possible, or if I go to the grocery store just for one thing, I walk up and down every single aisle!

The last thing I've been working on changing is food cut off. I have found most of my bored or mindless eating happens for me after 8pm. So, once 8pm rolls around, if I find myself hungry I drink more water. Most of the time it helps, but if my stomach really is growling, I do allow myself 1-2 saltines. It helps so much!!! I go to bed feeling proud of myself for not overeating and wake up hungry.

So, there you have it. The start of my weight loss journey to being healthier and happier with myself. I don't have a firm number goal, just know I want to be out of the 2's and have a way I want to look.

1st Goal Weight: 199lbs
2nd Goal Weight: 175lbs
Final Goal Weight: 150-160lbs

1/2/12: Starting Weight 2--
1/11/12: 3 POUNDS LOST!


You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
~Eleanor Roosevelt



2 comments:

  1. Congrats on loosing those first three pounds!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Steph! We can cheer each other on. :)

    ReplyDelete